Hello Church Family,
We are so looking forward to worshiping together outside at 11:15 am on May 31st – Pentecost Sunday! We wanted to let you know the plans for this Sunday’s celebration, which we will be live-streaming as well.
- We will meet in the parking lot and natural area in the front area of the church building, with the band and preacher under the awning. Please note no cars will be allowed in this area.
- Please feel free to stand, bring your own chair, or even a blanket to sit on.
- We will have the front doors, on the right and left side of the main entrance, open for use of the restroom facilities. We will have facemasked greeters at the entrances with hand sanitizer available prior to entering the building.
- We will have the building professionally cleaned with COVID approved protocol before Sunday, and our staff will periodically clean high touch areas during the service.
- We have a rain plan in place should it be needed – stay tuned to our social media and emails for updates.
During this unprecedented season, we have chosen to follow the guidance of our elected federal, state, and local leaders. Therefore, please be mindful of the orders and recommendations as it pertains to gatherings in public. Here are some very important things to note if you are planning on attending.
- If you are not feeling well, are running a fever, have any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you might have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do not attend in person.
- We encourage individuals who are “65 or older, especially those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune systems” to remain at home and participate in all activities via digital platforms. Of course, you will not be denied the right to attend the service.
- In Durham we are required to follow the 3 W’s – Wash Your Hands, Wait 6 feet apart (household family units sit together but spaced 6 feet in all directions from other households), and Wear a mask, when physical distancing can not be maintained.
- Please do not hug or shake hands with people who are not part of your household family unit. While we are a very loving and affectionate church family, but for the sake of others we ask that you honor the physical distancing requirements.
Last but not least, please remember to REGISTER if you plan to attend! Otherwise please join us for the live-stream, which will begin at 11:15 am.
It is very important that we honor our elected leaders, protect others, and be a witness to the wider community. Even though we are required to be physically distanced, we believe that coming together will be a significant time in this season. We look forward to seeing you all this Sunday!
Murray & Ash Smith